Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Bottoms Up!

Bottoms up, NO....Bottomed out, YES. I just returned from my Dr's office and my white blood cell count has bottomed out as expected. It went from 2.4 on Monday to .6 today (normal is 3.5 - 11). I am officially living in a bubble now. No more outings and very few visitors.
At this point the concern is infection and/or fever. Just in case, the nurse is reserving a hospital bed for me for this weekend...makes it sound like a 5-star hotel. Despite this news, I continue to feel pretty good. I will see the Dr. on Friday morning and will have my next update then.

As always, thank you all for your blog comments and emails. They are the highlight of my day!

6 comments:

  1. I take it this is good news??
    So glad to hear that Bubble Gal...do you want to play Trivial Pursuit? It's Moores you idiot..not MOOPS
    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! George will not be among my few visitors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damages is on FX station, Glen Close and a great cast of characters.

    Hope you don't need the 5-star room this weekend.

    Didn't know you were a trivial Pursuit woman.
    After this is all over, maybe you should consider signing up for that Millionaire show.
    It's easy to get to $25,000..questions are mostly very elementary..think about it!
    Watch 12:30 ABC weekdays and let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moores not MOOPS....classic Seinfeld K!!!

    This joy in plumetting the the bottom ---- If only all in the world could be happy about being at the bottom. LOLOLOL

    Praying 5 star accomodations are not required - as we both know it is far from it and you clearly would not get that big comfy bed and soft sheets......

    Have a fun day in the bubble - bubble gal!

    Hugs - DD-

    ReplyDelete
  5. On the Wii Fit there is a game where your me is in a bubble and you stand on the balance board and try to get to the end of a stream. Different distractions come around but it is really exciting when you make it safely!!!! Lets play Wii Bubbles together!!! Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Susan,

    my cousin and your cousin..Donna sent me an email and told me about what you are going through, she thought i would be interested in your blog...you have such a positive attitude and I am very moved on how you are dealing with this. I too was diagnosed with cancer... tongue and neck cancer... reading your blog...is very uplifting. I thank you ..because it makes me value the time i am here and to think on a positive level. Yes, I have up days and down days. I had a 10 hour surgery and I am awaiting chemo and radiation...I wish you the best and you look beautiful by the way. I will add this to my favorites and read daily.. your spirit is amazing !!..thank you Linda

    ReplyDelete