Thursday, April 22, 2010

Time for Happy Hour!

My friend, Trish, is training for the 100 mile bike ride in June benefiting the Leukemia and Lymphoma (and Myeloma, as I like to add) Society. Trish is a Leukemia survivor and you can read more about her at http://pages.teamintraining.org/de/ambbr10/tleathers. She has also asked if she can ride in my honor, which I am humbled and thrilled about!

The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society has supported me during the last year in several ways, most importantly with the Myeloma Support Group that they sponsor. The group has allowed Dave and me to meet other Myeloma patients, survivors and caregivers, and has proven to be one of the most helpful sources of information along this journey.

As part of Trish's fundraising, she is guest bartending during Happy Hour (4:30 - 6:30 pm) next Thursday, April 29, at the Logan House in Wilmington. I will be there and hope that you can join me in supporting Trish with her huge endeavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment