Monday, February 22, 2010

Bubble Girl is Back!

It's Day 5 and I'm happy to be back to my blog. I had no energy or interest over the weekend but I thank you, as always, for your comments which I receive via my email as well, so please know that they are never overlooked.

The weekend was challenging, but we made it through. Dave had to be out of town and I have to give a huge shout out to my friend DJ who stayed with me all weekend and treated me like a queen. She literally waited on me hand and foot!

This afternoon is like a whole new day after I received fluids and anti-nausea meds this morning. What a world of difference! I will get the same infusion every morning this week so I am hopeful that I'll soon get my energy and appetite back. I can't stand the smell of real food and poor Dave (for those of you who don't know, he is the cook in our house and enjoys preparing and eating a proper meal) had to eat out last night so that the house wouldn't be filled with cooking smells.

The blood work this morning showed that my white blood cell count has plummeted again. It is a 0.2 (normal is 3.5-11), but this was expected. Back to living in a bubble for a while until it returns to normal. My red blood cells, platelets and hemoglobin are also low, so I guess I have a good enough excuse for having no energy, i.e. being a Lazy Susan.

8 comments:

  1. I am so glad to see that you are still keeping your positive thoughts! It is great that you can get a treatment each day to give you the boost that you need to continue on your journey! You are in my thoughts and prayers each day...i love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As it has been said before...Be realllyy good at being Lazy!!! Give being lazy your "all"!
    Good to hear you are making progress however slow it might seem..it is progress.
    Back to playing Trivial Pursuit.
    Hugs...Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathi is right...this is your time to develop those lazy skills, you have a good excuse! I have been out of town for a week and without computer access but as always you were in my thoughts and prayers. Keep up those positive thoughts!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. How is the lazy girl doing tonight? Glad to hear you are back in business be that it may be a little slower than usual.
    Thinking of you always, and wishing you a better day tomorrow.

    Love,
    Cousin Anita

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought about you and worried about you all weekend, but I knew you were in good hands. Denise wouldn't let me visit. She thought I might still be too germy! lol. Dr. DJ knows best, but I sure do miss you. I hope I get to see you as soon as your levels go up. I'm so relieved you're feeling better.

    Love ya,

    Dar

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Susan,
    My name is Jean and I’m a volunteer with the National Bone Marrow Transplant Link. Our organization helps patients, caregivers, and families cope with the social and emotional challenges of transplant from diagnosis through survivorship by providing vital information and personalized support services. We subscribe to Google blog alerts, where we found your story.
    Please know that others are thinking of you and pulling for you! To learn more about our programs and services,including peer support on call, please visit www.nbmtlink.org or call 800-546-5268.
    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see you are at Day 5 and holding your own, if tired and lazy. That's just fine. Put on your lounging PJs and "go with the flow". Still checking in on you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was born with HIV my mother passed away because of the HIV infection And I regret why i never met Dr Itua he could have cured my mum for me because as a single mother it was very hard for my mother I came across Dr itua healing words online about how he cure different disease in different races diseases like HIV/Aids Herpes,Parkison,Asthma,Autism,Copd,Epilepsy,Shingles,Cold Sore,Infertility, Chronic Fatigues Syndrome, Lupus Cure,Fibromyalgia,Cancer,Alzheimer's disease,psoriasis,Bipolar Disorder,Dementia Disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Stroke,Fibromyalgia,Weak Erection,Breast Enlargment,Penis Enlargment,Hpv,measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheria)Diabetes Hepatitis,I was so excited but frighten at same time because I haven't come across such thing article online then I contacted Dr Itua on Mail drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/www.drituaherbalcenter.com . I also chat with him  he tells me how it works then I tell him I want to proceed I paid him so swiftly Colorado post office I receive my herbal medicine within 4/5 working days he gave me guidelines to follow and here am I living healthy again can imagine how god use men to manifest his works am I writing in all articles online to spread the god work of Dr Itua Herbal Medicine,He's a Great Man.  

    ReplyDelete