Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Rock Bottom

Today I hit rock bottom, not emotionally, but as far as my white blood cell count. It is 0.0 (normal is 3.5-11.0). I have no immune system. This is expected and part of the whole process.

I've been to see the Dr. and received meds and fluids every day this week. In the treatment room at the Cancer Center, a wide open room with a sea of non-matching-shades-of-brown-vinyl lounge chairs, there is a room with a curtain at the end of the room in a niche next to the pharmacy. I always wondered what you had to have or do to get put in that room. Was this the treatment time-out room where they put difficult patients? Well, I have been summons to that very room for my treatment this week since it is located away from other patients. I'm sure the magical hospital curtain that stops all germs from entering the room works wonders. Not!

I did get some encouraging news that four (4) cells have appeared as monocytes, which is the type of cell that the stem cells produce as they start to grow. So how about that? Only four out of 10 million stem cells have re-surfaced...makes you question the return on investment, but I've been assured that between days 11-14 post transplant, the stem cells start to grow rapidly. Soon, they'll be as crowded as a Duggar family reunion.

Hopefully, the next in our history-making snow falls will not interfere with getting to the Cancer Center for the rest of this week.

Thanks for all your comments, they really have been flying in and each and every one is appreciated!

11 comments:

  1. I am sad to hear that you have no immune system but also glad to hear that you have 4 cells that are starting to work...I am sure they have done a shout out to all of the others!!! Leave it to you to notice the decor-none matching!!That is enough to make a well person sick let alone a person that is not feeling well! Yikes! If there is a suggestion box perhaps you could drop a note in for a makeover! You are certainly giving them plenty of business! As for this storm- where there is a will there is a way, no worries! I love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're now at the point where a forecast of 6 to 12 inches seems like just an annoyance. We'll pull through this winter and many more after it. I love the decor review, btw - it sounds like it was picked out by the kind of guy would would wear brown shoes with blue socks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find this so ironic that I not only check your blog to get updates on how things are going for you, but also for a well needed chuckle!!! I think that it's so great that you can find ways to make all of us laugh and say our prayers for you at the same time. Love ya girl, keep it coming!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you have a future as a comedy writer.
    So it is all dreary and snowy and cold and you are going thru this...as the snow starts to melt, the flowers pop their heads out of the ground, birds start returning and your stem cells are growing...it is a whole new beginig!!
    and..WHO was the designer for that facility!!!
    Love you...HUGS
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you won't be in the time out room with the Magical curtain too long. It's exciting that your stem cells are growing and like Kathi says there will be a whole new beginning as Spring comes so will your Healthy Cells!!
    Love you sweet girl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok I praying that those new cells continue to multiply like crazy. Also I am enchantin the magic curtain so no bad germs get to you.
    Take care.

    Gale

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the 4 monocytes! Monocytes have always been my favorite WBC. Go forth and multiply!

    Thanks for making me giggle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. From acorns grow oak trees xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am going to have a talk with my sister about the decor issues....we must make a mark on the HGC!!! Blue socks with brown shoes is clearly not acceptable as Kevin said so well!

    I have no doubt your blood cells will multiply like chairs and bunnies do!! Have Fun!! DD

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eric wants me to tell you he just learned about the monocytes in class...he told me all about it...
    Who is that girl behind the magical hospital curtain???
    You would think that they would at least have matching chairs for goodness sakes....at a minimum they should cheer the place up with leopard print..LOL
    Miss you lady Love ya lots Hang in there the light will soon be seen at the end of this journey!
    You are remarkable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was born with HIV my mother passed away because of the HIV infection And I regret why i never met Dr Itua he could have cured my mum for me because as a single mother it was very hard for my mother I came across Dr itua healing words online about how he cure different disease in different races diseases like HIV/Aids Herpes,Parkison,Asthma,Autism,Copd,Epilepsy,Shingles,Cold Sore,Infertility, Chronic Fatigues Syndrome, Lupus Cure,Fibromyalgia,Cancer,Alzheimer's disease,psoriasis,Bipolar Disorder,Dementia Disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Stroke,Fibromyalgia,Weak Erection,Breast Enlargment,Penis Enlargment,Hpv,measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheria)Diabetes Hepatitis,I was so excited but frighten at same time because I haven't come across such thing article online then I contacted Dr Itua on Mail drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/www.drituaherbalcenter.com . I also chat with him  he tells me how it works then I tell him I want to proceed I paid him so swiftly Colorado post office I receive my herbal medicine within 4/5 working days he gave me guidelines to follow and here am I living healthy again can imagine how god use men to manifest his works am I writing in all articles online to spread the god work of Dr Itua Herbal Medicine,He's a Great Man.  

    ReplyDelete