Sunday, February 28, 2010

Weekend Update

Today is Day 11 and things are improving every day! My white blood cell count has risen from 0.0 at my last post on Wednesday to 1.4 on Friday. Still very low, but just out of the critical zone. Starting next week, I should be able to come out of the "time out" room! My red blood cells and platelets are very low as well, but the Dr. said these will be the last to rise. I saw the Dr. every day last week, and by Friday, he seemed pleased with my progress and lack of complications (fever, infection, etc).

I've been receiving fluids every day for the last 7 days to keep me hydrated since I haven't had any desire to eat. Also through the infusion, I get an anti-nausea medication as well as a steroid called Decadron. I think that has really has increased my energy. Since the Cancer Center is closed on the weekend, I've spent Saturday and Sunday in the Bone Marrow Unit at the hospital as an outpatient to get the fluids and meds administered. It's a nice private room and the nurses are really great.

I am slowly getting my appetite back, but my taste buds have been altered by the last chemotherapy treatment and nothing tastes right to me. I've been spared the terrible mouth sores that so many people get, but I do have throat irritation that makes it difficult to swallow solid foods. But each day, I am eating a little more and the plan this week is to slowly phase out the fluids and meds as I can eat and drink on my own.

So far, my recovery is right on target and that is the best news we could hope for.

6 comments:

  1. Hey Suz,
    I am glad that you are doing better and that everything is looking positive for you. Thankfully you are not experiencing the worse of the effects!! Fortunately you are able to get the terrific care that is helping you to tolerate all this with some relief. Please know that you are in my thoughts! Call me anytime you want to-whatever hour of the day! I will always be available....i love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Susan!

    Just read all of your updates for the last 2 weeks. I am so happy that you are doing so well!!!! AND love the picture of you! Keep smiling and stay positive! You are in my prayers:-) Say "Hi" to Dave from the Browns!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan, thinking of you all the time and check in on your updates regularly. Spectacular news that recovery is right on "target". Sorry you are having so much trouble with solids but can you use this time to eat all the ice cream and pudding you ever, ever wanted? But, only the really fattening good stuff, like the Cold Creamery or whatever its called? Ummmm, I'd have Dave truck it in if you could keep it down! I woke up today and the birds were chirping as if Spring were just around the corner. I'm hoping you hear that sound soon and ever hopeful that your recovery keeps progressing as it has thus far. Love to you, Dave and your Mom and Dad, Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think of you every day! So glad your progress is on target! You're attitude is amazing!
    Love you,
    Ronni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Susan
    I've been keeping track of your progress. Sounds like things are definitely going in the right direction - up! You are such an amazing person. Your attitude is an inspiration. I know I wouldn't be anywhere near as upbeat as you have been.
    Colleen and I sent you some chic flicks. Hope you enjoy them!
    Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was born with HIV my mother passed away because of the HIV infection And I regret why i never met Dr Itua he could have cured my mum for me because as a single mother it was very hard for my mother I came across Dr itua healing words online about how he cure different disease in different races diseases like HIV/Aids Herpes,Parkison,Asthma,Autism,Copd,Epilepsy,Shingles,Cold Sore,Infertility, Chronic Fatigues Syndrome, Lupus Cure,Fibromyalgia,Cancer,Alzheimer's disease,psoriasis,Bipolar Disorder,Dementia Disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Stroke,Fibromyalgia,Weak Erection,Breast Enlargment,Penis Enlargment,Hpv,measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheria)Diabetes Hepatitis,I was so excited but frighten at same time because I haven't come across such thing article online then I contacted Dr Itua on Mail drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/www.drituaherbalcenter.com . I also chat with him  he tells me how it works then I tell him I want to proceed I paid him so swiftly Colorado post office I receive my herbal medicine within 4/5 working days he gave me guidelines to follow and here am I living healthy again can imagine how god use men to manifest his works am I writing in all articles online to spread the god work of Dr Itua Herbal Medicine,He's a Great Man.  

    ReplyDelete