Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day "0"

The day has come for my stem cells to be returned to my body...it is Day "0." I explained in my last post how this very significant part of the process is very much a non-event with no fanfare. Mom, Dad and Dave were with me so that was exciting, but there still seemed to be a few things missing, like there should be a ceremony of sorts. Something like trumpets playing and rose petals sprinkled on the floor as the bags of stem cells enter the room on a pink velvet brocade pillow with gilded tassels. Something you would see out of the movie Cinderella when the prince presented her with the glass slipper:

"I present you with your beautiful, healthy stem cells, my princess!"

But, in life there are many disappointments and this was one of them. After receiving several pre-meds earlier this morning, the frozen stem cells were brought into the room in bags which needed to be defrosted. So they were thrown in a tub of hot water for a few minutes, kind of like a frozen boil-in-bag of vegetables. As I said, nothing ceremonious here. Then Dr. Martin infused them into Cathy Trilumen with great ease and that was that.

"Infusing the stem cells"

Some minor side effects occured, but within a short time, I actually have to get out of bed to exercise today as soon as I am able. So, no buff men with palm leaves fanning me and feeding me grapes for hours to come.

Now the rest of my progress and recovery "stems" (pun intended) from this Re-Infusuion Day of February 17. In approximately 90 days from today, The Dr. will hopefully be able to deliver the news that I have reached Complete Remission. Those are the words we are hoping for.

17 comments:

  1. We want to be in that number celebrating re-infusion day next year in New Orleans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the need to run out and buy you a stunning tiara, princess Susan, to prop atop your fab hat!!!

    I am cheering here........it surely is a special day!!!
    DD

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look wonderful!!! Will you be doing step class or hot yoga?
    Ditto DD...cheering!!!!
    Love Ya
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  4. All hail princess Susan! Keep up the fantastic work. I am going to look forward to a spring walk in the park with you!

    Sending tons of positive energy and thoughts you way.

    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie BarracloughFebruary 17, 2010

    You look hot in your leopard print jamies!
    So glad things went well this a.m. I'll continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

    Love,

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad things are going well! Love your PJ's. Even in a hospital bed you are still a fashion queen! We'll continue to prayer for you!

    Miss you!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look awesome and you deserve that sparkling tiara and so much more. I think a trip to New Orleans would be absolutley appropriate! You Go Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My wife is a fighting Tiger, so don't let the Leopard print fool ya! Great job today dear, keep up that winning spirit!

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kathy GarbayoFebruary 17, 2010

    You are such an inspiration! You continue to aproach all of this with humor and a positive attitude and it's working...keep it up! Not to mention you look great! Before you know it we will be celebrating your remission with cocktails on the river! We will continue to keep you in our prayers and await the next update.
    Love ya!
    Kathy and Al

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very happy your day 0 came. Thinking a lot about your vigor, sense of humor, and positive attitude...all necessary in the 90 days to come. You are an inspiration. You will remain on my prayer list. PJs are cool.
    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to go my friend, we're both so happy for you and so proud of you, that you cleared this enormous hurdle with such a positive attitude and a brilliant smile!!! We'll all be anxiously awaiting some good news in the next 90 days and you better believe that we too will be a part of the party on Bourbon Street next year!!!
    We love you!!

    Denise & Curt

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thinking of you on Day 1 and hoping that you are doing well. I miss you- and I am looking forward to our next visit. You are loved by so many people and are setting the bar so high for those that will travel behind you!! Keep your chin up and know that you are in the thoughts and prayers of tons of people.
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Melissa BoNeyFebruary 18, 2010

    Love the leopard and the shining smile! Sending you love princess!

    Melissa B

    ReplyDelete
  14. Marianne MottFebruary 19, 2010

    Hi Susan,
    I am happy to be able to follow your progress. You are really an inspiration! Your sense of humor is incredible. Keep up the good work and let's try to get together with our boats this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so happy for you! Your positive attitude is so inspiring! You look awesome...and I am lovin those PJ's!

    Love ya,
    Ronni

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thinking of you on Day 2. Looking forward to celebrating New Orleans with you next year as well. I'll keep checking in. Still awed by your strength and grace.

    Gale

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was born with HIV my mother passed away because of the HIV infection And I regret why i never met Dr Itua he could have cured my mum for me because as a single mother it was very hard for my mother I came across Dr itua healing words online about how he cure different disease in different races diseases like HIV/Aids Herpes,Parkison,Asthma,Autism,Copd,Epilepsy,Shingles,Cold Sore,Infertility, Chronic Fatigues Syndrome, Lupus Cure,Fibromyalgia,Cancer,Alzheimer's disease,psoriasis,Bipolar Disorder,Dementia Disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Stroke,Fibromyalgia,Weak Erection,Breast Enlargment,Penis Enlargment,Hpv,measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheria)Diabetes Hepatitis,I was so excited but frighten at same time because I haven't come across such thing article online then I contacted Dr Itua on Mail drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/www.drituaherbalcenter.com . I also chat with him  he tells me how it works then I tell him I want to proceed I paid him so swiftly Colorado post office I receive my herbal medicine within 4/5 working days he gave me guidelines to follow and here am I living healthy again can imagine how god use men to manifest his works am I writing in all articles online to spread the god work of Dr Itua Herbal Medicine,He's a Great Man.  

    ReplyDelete