Monday, May 3, 2010

Cantankerous Cells

I had bloodwork today and was frustrated to find that those stubborn white blood cells are still low at 2.2. The Oncologist says this is normal and I have to be patient until 90 days post transplant to see where they settle. Speaking of 90 days, it is coming up quickly and I scheduled my bone marrow biopsy for May 20. There are three major factors that will contribute towards the state of remission: protein in my urine, protein in my blood and the percentage of myeloma cells found in the biopsy. I received the results of my 24-hour urine collection today and was happy to hear that it was negative for protein! So that's one down, and two to go.

My white blood cells must be in cahoots with my hair cells because there's been no activity for almost 3 months, but I am finally getting some fuzz on my head! My eyebrows and eyelashes got thin and grew back very quickly, but the hair on my head has been slow growing. So far, I can confidently say the hair is dark (I was convinced it would be gray) but the jury is still out on the curly vs. straight thing. Many cancer survivors say that their hair grows back curly, so I've been a little worried that I might end up with my natural curls plus chemo curls. I picture something like this:

My future 'do?

7 comments:

  1. Melissa BMay 04, 2010

    Gimme a "W"....gimme a "B"......gimme a "C"....go WBCs!

    Even if you do end up with the crazy 'do above....ain't nothing a little AquaNet and a few dozen bobby pins can't fix.

    Miss you! Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousMay 05, 2010

    Well it just may have been the AquaNet and bobby pins that caused the "crazy do" LOLOL ......but the model in the photo was most likely paid a big chunck of money to look like that....So maybe you have a new career in your future Susan....
    (What memories thinking of AquaNet brings back - those 80's hairdo's ---had to have the AquaNet back then!) DD

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousMay 05, 2010

    I was thinking about when the biopsy would be. We all need to send very positive thoughts and prayers for a great recovery and no protein, no myeloma cells and lots of hair!! Love ya,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. My cousin's hair grew back curly and red! Very beautiful...from straight and brown? I am sure you will be beautiful no matter the hair. Keeping prayers going for positive result for you testing and full remission. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousMay 12, 2010

    You're doing so great, Susan, and we're looking forward to a great result for you on all those tests. Hugs from Jana and Farogh

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousMay 20, 2010

    Our thoughts are with you today.
    K

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was born with HIV my mother passed away because of the HIV infection And I regret why i never met Dr Itua he could have cured my mum for me because as a single mother it was very hard for my mother I came across Dr itua healing words online about how he cure different disease in different races diseases like HIV/Aids Herpes,Parkison,Asthma,Autism,Copd,Epilepsy,Shingles,Cold Sore,Infertility, Chronic Fatigues Syndrome, Lupus Cure,Fibromyalgia,Cancer,Alzheimer's disease,psoriasis,Bipolar Disorder,Dementia Disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Stroke,Fibromyalgia,Weak Erection,Breast Enlargment,Penis Enlargment,Hpv,measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheria)Diabetes Hepatitis,I was so excited but frighten at same time because I haven't come across such thing article online then I contacted Dr Itua on Mail drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/www.drituaherbalcenter.com . I also chat with him  he tells me how it works then I tell him I want to proceed I paid him so swiftly Colorado post office I receive my herbal medicine within 4/5 working days he gave me guidelines to follow and here am I living healthy again can imagine how god use men to manifest his works am I writing in all articles online to spread the god work of Dr Itua Herbal Medicine,He's a Great Man.  

    ReplyDelete