Thursday, April 8, 2010

Wigged Out

I've been getting out of the house more lately, driving myself to various Doctor visits and running some errands. It's allowed me to get used to wearing my wig and I'm getting more comfortable with it every day, or so I thought.....

On Tuesday, I had an hour to kill between Dr. appointments and I stopped into TJ Maxx which is conveniently located across from the Hospital and Cancer Center. A little shopping cures all. I was standing in line to pay for a Liz Claiborne sweater from the clearance rack, and found myself behind a little girl, probably about 6 years old, with her Mother. I could feel the little girl staring at me and finally she said to her Mother, "Is she a real person?" I smiled politely as the Mother's eyes quickly checked me out from head to toe and then to head again. She responded to the little girl, "Yes, she is a real person. Did you think she was a mannequin?" "Yes," the little girl said, "I thought she was a mannequin!"

A mannequin! LOL! I have no doubt that my Barbie-like figure, porcelain skin and perfect posture could be mistaken for a mannequin and that it had nothing to do with the synthetic animal pelt on top of my head. Oh well, I wonder what the little girl would have thought of me if she saw my real head!

8 comments:

  1. OMG - that is so funny. You really could write a book. I LOVE the straight hair, so glad to hear you are coming back next week. We miss you!

    Melissa C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful picture with your parents. Glad you enjoyed the holiday. I bet you are looking forward to returning to work. Hope to see you soon.

    Gale

    ReplyDelete
  3. She would have said....."WOW Mommy, she is beautiful!"

    love and tons of hugs,
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Out of the mouth of babes! You look great and I'm glad you are getting out and about. Don't where yourself out to much...
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are too funny!!! You look fabulous!!!!!
    Love ya
    kathi

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is too funny! You look great!
    love ya,
    ronni

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG - Susan, I love the way you tell a story. So funny! The kid probably thought you looked perfect, and you are perfectly beautiful in every way. I think your hair looks hot : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was born with HIV my mother passed away because of the HIV infection And I regret why i never met Dr Itua he could have cured my mum for me because as a single mother it was very hard for my mother I came across Dr itua healing words online about how he cure different disease in different races diseases like HIV/Aids Herpes,Parkison,Asthma,Autism,Copd,Epilepsy,Shingles,Cold Sore,Infertility, Chronic Fatigues Syndrome, Lupus Cure,Fibromyalgia,Cancer,Alzheimer's disease,psoriasis,Bipolar Disorder,Dementia Disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Stroke,Fibromyalgia,Weak Erection,Breast Enlargment,Penis Enlargment,Hpv,measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheria)Diabetes Hepatitis,I was so excited but frighten at same time because I haven't come across such thing article online then I contacted Dr Itua on Mail drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/www.drituaherbalcenter.com . I also chat with him  he tells me how it works then I tell him I want to proceed I paid him so swiftly Colorado post office I receive my herbal medicine within 4/5 working days he gave me guidelines to follow and here am I living healthy again can imagine how god use men to manifest his works am I writing in all articles online to spread the god work of Dr Itua Herbal Medicine,He's a Great Man.  

    ReplyDelete